Group and Youth Program Inquiries: email@example.com
General Manager: James Santelli firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Routesetter: Christine Deyo email@example.com
Operations Manager: Matt Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Manager: Miller Moss email@example.com
Yoga Manager: Kaytee Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations for 501c3 Organizations
Working at ABP
Although our facility is impressive, our staff is the real reason ABP is such a great place to be. We are always on the hunt for qualified people to make our gym better. If you love climbing, working hard, and being a part of a community that feels more like a family then we’d love to hear from you!
The Perks of Working at ABP
Climb, workout, practice yoga, and sauna as much as you want. Your significant other and all dependents get a free membership too.
Healthcare options are available for employees averaging at least 32 hours/week.
Work Life Balance
At ABP our motto is work hard, play hard.
ABP staff get 30% off everything we sell in our retail shop including food and pro-deals on leading outdoor industry brands.
Paid Time Off
All of our employees accrue paid time off based on hours worked. When the time rolls around for a well-earned vacation, you can enjoy yourself without stressing about that missed paycheck.
Current Job Openings
Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructors at Austin Bouldering Project are responsible for programming and facilitating ABP’s group fitness classes. Instructors must be able to teach a wide variety of fitness class formats and be capable of instructing groups of up to 20 people at a time to provide ABP’s members with a quality exercise experience.
Reports to: Fitness Manager, General Manager
- Write and facilitate 30 minute to hour long group fitness classes that are consistent with ABP’s class offerings (Circuit Level I, Circuit Level II, Abs and Core, Recovery, and Liftin’ Ladies).
- Clearly communicate and coach proper movement patterns and provide modifications for all fitness levels.
- Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants, generates and maintains a positive exercise experience.
- Maintain professionalism at all times that is consistent with industry standards in regards to interacting with participants, conducting safe workouts, and keeping a professional appearance.
- Show up early and prepared for all fitness classes and start and finish all classes on time.
- Educate and answer any participant questions that are fitness related.
- Find a sub to cover class in the event you are not able to teach, and be available to help by subbing for other ABP trainers.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency situations that may arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training.
- Minimum of 1+ year experience teaching in a group exercise environment along with demonstrated knowledge of group exercise principles and safe exercise techniques.
- Current Personal Trainer or Primary Group Exercise Instructor Certification from select accredited certifying bodies such as but not limited to ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, ISSA, or AFAA.
- 2+ years experience teaching group fitness classes.
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology or Physiology.
- Ensure that all participants are aware of the risks, rules, and regulations of the facility.
- Memberships for contractors and spouses.
- Access to ABP trainer development workshops.
- A work environment where community, respect, and balance are core values.
Yoga Instructors at Austin Bouldering Project are responsible for programming and facilitating ABP’s group yoga classes. This position is for subbing opportunities and a permanent class on the schedule as it becomes available. Instructors must be able to teach a wide variety of yoga class formats and be capable of instructing groups between 10 – 50 people at a time to provide ABP’s members with a quality yoga experience.
Reports to: Yoga Manager
- Sequence and facilitate group yoga classes that are consistent with ABP’s class offerings and industry best practices
- Clearly communicate and cue safe yoga postures and transitions
- Demonstrate complex yoga movements when necessary
- Provide modifications for all fitness levels and abilities
- Provide assists and adjustments to students to uplevel the quality of their experience
- Interact with students, answer questions, introduce/orient new students, generate and maintain a positive yoga experience
- Show up early and prepared for all yoga classes
- Maintain the cleanliness of the studio space and yoga props
- Start and complete classes on time
- Find a sub to cover class in the event you are not able to teach
- Be available to sub for other ABP yoga instructors
- Respond appropriately to any emergency situations that may arise
- Maintain professionalism at all times and be a team player
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Instructor 200 hour level (RYT 200)
- Current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training
- Current Liability Insurance for group instructors
- Minimum of 1+ year experience teaching yoga classes
- 3+ years experience teaching yoga classes
- E-RYT 200 or RYT 500
- Loves climbing!
- Complimentary ABP memberships for contractors and spouses
- Access to ABP instructor development workshops
- A work environment where community, inclusivity and integrity are our core values