Group and Youth Program Inquiries: email@example.com
General Manager: James Santelli firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Routesetter: Christine Deyo email@example.com
Operations Manager: Matt Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Manager: Miller Moss email@example.com
Yoga Manager: Kaytee Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
ABP Youth Team Head Coach: Christina Trevino email@example.com
Donations for 501c3 Organizations
Working at ABP
Although our facility is impressive, our staff is the real reason ABP is such a great place to be. We are always on the hunt for qualified people to make our gym better. If you love climbing, working hard, and being a part of a community that feels more like a family then we’d love to hear from you!
The Perks of Working at ABP
Climb, workout, practice yoga, and sauna as much as you want. Your significant other and all dependents get a free membership too.
Healthcare options are available for employees averaging at least 32 hours/week.
Work Life Balance
At ABP our motto is work hard, play hard.
ABP staff get 30% off everything we sell in our retail shop including food and pro-deals on leading outdoor industry brands.
Paid Time Off
All of our employees accrue paid time off based on hours worked. When the time rolls around for a well-earned vacation, you can enjoy yourself without stressing about that missed paycheck.
Current Job Openings
Operations Specialists are responsible for welcoming and servicing the customers at the Austin Bouldering Project, as well as maintaining a clean, safe, and presentable facility. Individuals in this position will process transactions at registers, sell memberships and other services to customers, support our mission of positive customer experiences, and complete other unique customer service functions. Operations Specialists are responsible for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment by greeting all customers and treating all climbers with equality and respect. Operations Specialists provide facilitation for birthday parties, events, and individual and group instruction in the gym. Operations Specialists promote and maintain a standard of cleanliness at the gym by performing regular cleaning duties. Operations Specialists are also responsible for communicating the rules and safety regulations at the facility as well as ensuring that these guidelines are followed—consequently, Operations Specialists are the front line of safety at the gym.
Hours: Vary, Non-exempt. Reports to: Operations Supervisors Operations Manager Compensation: $14.00 hourly Must have open Holiday schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES Customer Service, Sales, Cashiering, Customer Accounts
- Welcomes all customers and introduces new climbers to the facility and rules.
- Actively responds to customer needs, membership and event questions, inquiries, and feedback.
- Provides customers with product, membership, and event information.
- Processes purchases, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with ABP customer service goals.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues.
- Follows document retention, scanning, processing, and disposal guidelines.
- Engages with customers, providing assistance with climbing, orientation, and facility offerings.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and presentable facility and retail area for members and guests.
- Maintains and stocks retail area.
- Performs regular bathroom and facility walkthroughs, immediately remedying instances in need of attention.
- Maintains customer lost and found area, keeping the area organized and properly labeling lost items.
- Works with the maintenance team and other staff to perform regular cleaning duties.
- Follows opening and closing cleaning and facility procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates check-in, waivers, rental shoes, and facility rules and orientation with groups, birthday parties, and event participants.
- Instructs climbing classes as requested.
- Participates in individual and group instruction as requested.
- Ensure that all customers using the facility have an active waiver on file and are aware of the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Provides safety to customers through instruction and orientation.
- Ensures the safety of staff and customers via regular safety walkthroughs.
- Responds to accidents and incidents following the Safety Manual and Protocol.
- Administers first aid in accordance with Safety Manual and ABP Protocol.
- Documents incidents through incident report log.
It is imperative to maintain excitement about the culture and community at the Austin Bouldering Project. Operations Specialists are at the forefront of this aspect of the gym. Operations Specialists are the representative of the community supported by the ABP and must conduct themselves accordingly.
Many duties require the availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs and events, including evenings and weekends. Staff duties often occur before and after operating hours.
- Ability to stand/walk for 6 hours.
- Previous cashiering experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Excitement and enthusiasm about working in the outdoor industry.
- Memberships for employees and spouses.
- Gear and merchandise discounts in-store and at local retailers.
- Health and well-being programs for eligible staff.
- A work environment where community, respect, and balance are core values.