Group and Youth Program Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Manager: James Santelli email@example.com
Head Routesetter: Christine Deyo firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations Manager: Matt Williams email@example.com
Fitness Manager: Miller Moss firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga Manager: Kaytee Hernandez email@example.com
Donations for 501c3 Organizations
Working at ABP
Although our facility is impressive, our staff is the real reason ABP is such a great place to be. We are always on the hunt for qualified people to make our gym better. If you love climbing, working hard, and being a part of a community that feels more like a family then we’d love to hear from you!
The Perks of Working at ABP
Climb, workout, practice yoga, and sauna as much as you want. Your significant other and all dependents get a free membership too.
Healthcare options are available for employees averaging at least 32 hours/week.
Work Life Balance
At ABP our motto is work hard, play hard.
ABP staff get 30% off everything we sell in our retail shop including food and pro-deals on leading outdoor industry brands.
Paid Time Off
All of our employees accrue paid time off based on hours worked. When the time rolls around for a well-earned vacation, you can enjoy yourself without stressing about that missed paycheck.
Current Job Openings
Operations Specialists are responsible for welcoming and servicing the customers at the Austin Bouldering Project, as well as maintaining a clean, safe, and presentable facility. Individuals in this position will process transactions at registers, sell memberships and other services to customers, support our mission of positive customer experiences, and complete other unique customer service functions. Operations Specialists are responsible for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment by greeting all customers and treating all climbers with equality and respect. Operations Specialists provide facilitation for birthday parties, events, and individual and group instruction in the gym. Operations Specialists promote and maintain a standard of cleanliness at the gym by performing regular cleaning duties. Operations Specialists are also responsible for communicating the rules and safety regulations at the facility as well as ensuring that these guidelines are followed—consequently, Operations Specialists are the front line of safety at the gym.Austin Bouldering Project Customer Service Goals:
- Provide the highest quality of customer service in the industry.
- Offer a clean and well-maintained climbing gym and fitness facility.
- Promote the gym and its offerings.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of climbers through communication and support of facility rules.
Hours: Vary, Non-exempt
Reports to: Operations Supervisors, Operations Manager
Must be able to work weekends.
Customer Service, Sales, Cashiering, Customer Accounts
- Welcomes all customers and introduces new climbers to the facility and rules.
- Actively responds to customer needs, membership and event questions, inquiries, and feedback.
- Provides customers with product, membership, and event information.
- Processes purchases, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with ABP customer service goals.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues.
- Follows document retention, scanning, processing, and disposal guidelines.
- Engages with customers – providing assistance with climbing, orientation, and facility offerings.
Cleaning and Facility Maintenance
- Maintains a clean, organized, and presentable facility and retail area for members and guests.
- Maintains and stocks retail area.
- Performs regular bathroom and facility walkthroughs, immediately remedying instances in need of attention.
- Maintains customer lost and found area, keeping the area organized and properly labeling lost items.
- Works with the maintenance team and other staff to perform regular cleaning duties.
- Follows opening and closing cleaning and facility procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Group Facilitation and Instruction
- Facilitates check-in, waivers, rental shoes, and facility rules and orientation with groups, birthday parties, and event participants.
- Instructs climbing classes as requested.
- Participates in individual and group instruction as requested.
Facility Safety and Incident Response
- Ensure that all customers using the facility have an active waiver on file and are aware of the rules and regulations of the facility.
- Provides safety to customers through instruction and orientation.
- Ensures the safety of staff and customers via regular safety walkthroughs.
- Responds to accidents and incidents following the Safety Manual and Protocol.
- Administers first aid in accordance with Safety Manual and ABP Protocol.
- Documents incidents through incident report log.
It is imperative to maintain excitement about the culture and community at the Austin Bouldering Project. Operations Specialists are at the forefront of this aspect of the gym. Operations Specialists are the representative of the community supported by the ABP and must conduct themselves accordingly.WORKING CONDITIONS
Many duties require the availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs and events, including evenings and weekends. Staff duties often occur before and after operating hours.
- Ability to stand/walk for 6 hours.
- Previous cashiering experience preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Excitement and enthusiasm about working in the outdoor industry.
- Memberships for employees and spouses.
- Gear and merchandise discounts in-store and at local retailers.
- Health and well-being programs for eligible staff.
- A work environment where community, respect, and balance are core values.
Youth Programs Instructor
Summer Youth Programs Instructors provide exemplary leadership and foster a safe and inclusive environment for youth programs participants. Instructors lead and facilitate climbing instruction, games and activities, across all youth programs and are expected to follow and uphold all ABP rules and policies related to youth instruction and programs. Austin Bouldering Projects Summer Camp is an 10 individual week program that runs June 10th-August 16th from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Each week, youth are broken up into three age groups: 5-7, 8-12, and 13-17.
Hours: Vary, Seasonal, Non-exempt
Reports to: Programs Manager
ABP Summer Camp
- Facilitate check-in, waivers, rental shoes, facility rules and orientation with ABP Summer Camp participants.
- Follow and contribute to ABP Summer Camp daily schedule.
- Attend training sessions and monthly staff meetings.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Programs Manager about day to day activities.
- Lead group activities in an articulate and engaging manner.
- Constantly communicate with parents, coworkers and campers in a professional manner.
- Actively participate in all camp activities with other staff and campers.
- Promptly report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior or abuse towards youth.
- Consistently engage youth in exciting and challenging activities while maintaining safety.
Group/Birthday Facilitation and Instruction
- Facilitate check-in, waivers, rental shoes, facility rules and orientation with Youth Program participants.
- Develop and execute lessons that contribute to and reflect the quality of ABP’s youth programs.
- Instruct Youth Program sessions in collaboration with/under the guidance of the Programs Manager.
- Participate in individual and group coaching of scheduled groups.
- Provide excellent customer service to all families entering the Austin Bouldering Project facility.
- Maintain regular communication with Programs Manager regarding youth programming at ABP.
- Communicate with youth participants and their families in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide ongoing feedback to youth, their families, and Programs Manager regarding the needs and development of youth programs participants.
Facility Safety and Incident Response
- Ensure that all participants are aware of the risks, rules, and regulations of the facility.
- Actively promote risk mitigation through ongoing instruction and orientation.
- Ensure the safety of participants, staff, and regular customers through group organization, oversight, and control.
- Respond to any and all safety or health incidents following the Safety Manual and protocol.
- Administration of first aid in accordance with Safety Manual and ABP protocol.
- Documentation of incidents through incident report log.
- Track and maintain Austin Bouldering Project Youth Program equipment.
Other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age.
- Enjoy working with youth.
- Available to work four week days with one weekend day preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8 hours.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
It is imperative to recognize that the gym’s clientele maintain excitement about the culture and community at the Austin Bouldering Project. Youth Programs Instructors work closely with children and families and are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible and respectful manner. Summer Youth Programs Instructors are, in many ways, the representative of the community supported by the ABP and must conduct themselves accordingly.WORKING CONDITIONS
Must be able to stand on their feet for at least 8 hours. Many duties require a flexible schedule based on business hours and needs including weekend availability.Additional Position Details
The summer youth instructor position is a temporary staff position and will be scheduled anywhere between 15 and 40 hours a week within the ABP Summer Camp Program. Opportunities for additional positions at ABP are subject to availability and staffing needs.Apply