Clinics & Workshops
This workshop will focus on training for your next climbing trip, finishing that project, but also preparing you for our biggest climbing competition of the year, Southwest Boulderfest. Each week you attend, we will provide you with the tools you need to build your own comprehensive training program to take your climbing to new heights.
- Program Overview August 5th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Miller Moss ACE-CPT: In the first week, ABP Fitness Manager Miller Moss will kick it off with a big picture overview of the ABP circuit system, how it can be utilized to optimize your training, and a seven week road map that leads to Boulderfest.
- Functional Fitness August 12th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Mercedes Pollmeier NASM-PES, M.S. Human Movement: In the second week, Seattle Bouldering Project’s Fitness and Training Manager, Mercedes Pollmeier, will teach you how to get the most bang for your buck out of your fitness training. Mercedes will carefully guide you through several key exercises that will translate to improved performance on the wall.
- Functional Fitness August 19th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Mercedes Pollmeier NASM-PES, M.S. Human Movement: In the third installment of the workshop, Mercedes will delve deeper into how to you can utilize the Fitness Area to improve your body’s overall strength and climbing efficiency. By the end of week three you will be prepared to train hard so that you can send big at Southwest Boulderfest 2018.
- Climbing Prehab August 26th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Lily Swann PT, DPT: In the final workshop of the series, long time climber and physical therapist Lily Swann is back with an updated version of “Climbing Prehab.” Lily will guide you through exercises that will help mitigate the risk of common overuse injuries and keep you healthy for competition day.
- Workshop will take place in the Fitness Room and is limited to 20 participants.
- Evrett Paist FRC Specialist and NASM-CPT
- Every second and fourth Monday of the month from 8:30-9:30 PM
- Workshops run 7/9, 7/23, 8/13, 8/27, 9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/22
- Sign up two weeks before each class.
Mobility is the combination of useable flexibility and stability within a joint. This new, specialty fitness class will be led by ABP fitness instructor and Functional Range Conditioning specialist Evrett Paist. Every second and fourth Monday of the month, Evrett will teach you how to increase neuromuscular recruitment to improve your active range of motion through the lower and upper body joints. Evrett will take you through the Functional Range Conditioning standards (CARs, PAILS & RAILS, Holds, Hovers and Negative Training) and give you daily applications for how to use them. Whether you are a climber, weightlifter, or yogi, this class will prepare you to tap into your body’s full potential. Workshop is in the Fitness Room and limited to 20 participants. Free for members and guests.
Natural light, high ceilings and a minimalist design approach, our studio is built to help you escape from the outside world. Generate some heat during our Vinyasa flow classes, take time to repair your body during Candlelight Restorative, or prep for that big weekend with Detox Vinyasa. With class times morning, noon, and night we hope you will find the perfect one to fit your daily schedule and body’s need.
Yoga Fundamentals – A mindful, slow paced vinyasa flow that is perfect for beginners or practitioners seeking to refine their practice. Learn foundational yoga postures and breathing techniques that will help you build a strong foundation for a life long yoga practice.
Align – In this class yoga poses are held for a longer period of time with an emphasis on precision and postural alignment. Great for all levels of practitioners seeking to develop strength, flexibility and mental clarity.
Intro to Ashtanga – A physically challenging class that combines a specific sequence of yoga postures, called the Primary Series, in an athletic flow that builds strength and stamina for a complete practice. Familiarity with basic yoga postures is recommended.
Vinyasa Level I – Vinyasa yoga is the linking of breath to movement which creates a dynamic flow from one posture to the next. Fantastic for both yogis and climbers looking for a physical practice and a mental wind down. This class is suitable for beginners and those new to practicing yoga.
Vinyasa Level II – Similar to the Level I class, this class offers a quicker pacing and will safely explore complex movements and transitions. Students will have an opportunity to challenge their strength and flexibility, as well as dive deeper into breathing techniques. Previous yoga experience is recommended.
Power – This 75 minute class offers an advanced vinyasa flow with extra time to workshop challenging arm balances and inversions. Expect an intense and playful practice that will challenge your limits. Previous yoga experience is required.
Vin / Yin – This 75 minute class is a 50/50 combination of warming vinyasa flow and restorative yin yoga. The first half of class will be energizing, while the last half will be relaxing. The yin and yang qualities will help students find a healthy balance in their own lives. All levels welcome.
Movement for Meditation – Unwind with a mindful 75 minute vinyasa flow that incorporates guided breath work and meditation. Enjoy an extra long savasana that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and restored for the week ahead.
Restorative – Rest, relax and rejuvenate with this calming yoga practice. Most poses are done seated or lying down supported by the use of props and held in stillness for several minutes. This class is the perfect way unwind from your day and prepare for rest. All levels welcome.
Yin – Similar to Restorative, Yin yoga invites you to slow down for a grounding a cooling practice. Passive stretches allow you to work deeper into the connective tissues of the body, such as ligaments and fascia. Poses are held up to five minutes, sometimes longer. All levels welcome.
Youth under the age of 14 cannot attend Yoga classes. Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
With over 5000 square feet of open space, our weight room has all you need to train hard, stay mobile and get stronger. The space is put together to let you chose your own adventure – free weights, racks, dedicated stretching space with mobility tools, cardio equipment, lifting platforms and more. We hope you’ll find the what you need to have the best training session possible and if anything is missing, just let us know.
If training alone isn’t your style, join us in the dedicated fitness studio for one of our circuit or abs & core classes. Our trainers will help you learn new skills while keeping you motivated.
Circuit Level 1 – This fitness class is for every fitness level! This class is a general strength and conditioning circuit where you will get a progressive warm up and a full body workout. Each workout will have a mix of cardio and strength training. In this class you will use implements such as medicine balls, dumbbells, kettlebells and maces. Class is limited to 20 participants per class.
Circuit Level 2 – Our Circuit Level 2 is a strength and conditioning circuit that builds upon our Circuit Level 1 class. The movements in this class are more complex and dynamic variations of the foundational movements learned in Level 1. It is recommended to have attended our Circuit Level 1 class for at least a month before trying out Level 2. Class is limited to 12 participants per class.
Circuit Express – Our Circuit Express class is a fast paced circuit class for all fitness levels that is great for anyone on the go. In this 30 minute workout, you will get a high intensity, full body workout. This class will utilize different stations and exercises that will increase your muscular endurance and your cardiovascular capacity. Class is limited to 20 participants per class.
Abs + Core – This 30 minute class is all about core stabilization and functional mobility. Instructors lead students through various exercises to strengthen and balance the core while working through active ranges of motion to bring the body back to its natural posture. Students looking to increase lower back health or learn new core exercises will love this class! Class is limited to 20 participants per class.
Recovery – This class is a great way to cool down after a hard day at the gym. This class will cover aspects of myofascial release with foam rolling and trigger point techniques, flexibility, mobility, and corrective exercises to keep you healthy and to speed up your body’s recovery time. Class is limited to 20 participants per class.
Youth under the age of 14 cannot attend Fitness classes or use the gym facilities. Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- August 5th / 12th / 19th / 26th
- Sundays 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm in the fitness room
Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or have never touched a barbell, our Liftin’ Ladies class series will teach you the fundamentals of safe and proper lifting form and technique, familiarize you with the equipment in the fitness room, and teach you to create your own strength training routine. Each week, you’ll learn new exercises and then practice under the guidance of our trainers. This recurring monthly series lasts 4 weeks and is limited to 12 participants per class.
* New Registration Process: Each class will require a separate reservation.
* Guests may register two weeks prior to each class.